Monday, August 16, 2010

another wait


I can't tell you how loved you all have made me feel these past days (and always!!!!).  Your e-mails, and your cards, your phone calls, and your presence in my life help during this crazy time.  I know I've said it before, but we truly are on a roller coaster ride.

The ups:  I got the call on Sunday morning reporting on the egg harvest.  I had 13 eggs retrieved, 9 were mature, and 5 fertilized.  So, as mom says, we've got five little blueprints :)  I like that.  I heard the news when I was surrounded by some of my favorite people in the world.  And of course I broke down crying.  I was crying because I was happy for the successful completion of this ordeal, I was crying because it was one stressful ordeal and it is over, I was crying because it meant that we now have to face the reality of what is next, and I was crying because I got to hug that sweet lover of mine and feel his love so deeply.  Michaelle, Lia and Claire were there to hold space and Michaelle raced to my side and let me cry all over her too, I just love those girls.   Today the doctor's office called and said that we've had another successful fertilization after one more day, so that makes 6 total.  So our options are open.

The downs:  Well, the PET scan was this morning, and there is no escaping the stress from that.  And now we wait again.  I went to my past PET scan by myself and realized that was a huge mistake.  Even if something like that seems like no big deal (it isn't painful at all) it IS a big deal and I realized I needed support.  And so my mom was right there with me by my side, no questions asked.  She picked me up, we rode together, and then she waited for me in the lobby for 2.5 hours.  So it is done.  And we wait.  I do have the disk that has the scan on it..and I am tempted to look at it, but I am also terrified to.  So we'll see.  ...

I had my pre-registration appointment for the biospy surgery on Wednesday and then mom came with me to Progressive for the C IV.  So it has been a full day of medical again.  But that is life right now.

So I wanted to get on here and let you all know what has gone on.  I'll let you know tomorrow when I hear something!

My most gigantic love to you all!!

3 comments:

  1. So glad to know you were not alone. Know yes, you are loved both of you. Thank you for this entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The waiting, the waiting! And SIX count them. So amazing. I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete