Wednesday, September 9, 2009

So It Begins

It is interesting sitting here creating my own blog spot. I've dabbled here and there with Live Journal and Facebook, but have never considered myself computer interested, or much of a writer with much to say.

But life has its interesting way of bringing things to mind. I've had quite a whirlwind of experiences this past month and this is just the beginning. I feel surrounded by love--unbelievably so at times, which is amazing, because life is GOOD, and love is saturating. I am even more so appreciating the good in life through experiencing the hard times. And it is just beginning! Let's see how this yin and yang plays out shall we?

So I've decided to create this blog post to have a place to put my thoughts, my emotions, and most importantly to many of you, my updates! I can't tell you how grateful I am to even the littlest acts of kindness. I never knew before how much that can mean to a person, so thank you to all who are reading.

This isn't a means to push sad depressing things on you. So I write in this blog, and if you choose to come and visit, I welcome you! If not, that is totally fine too. It is just going to be an experience. A friend told me recently, and then was echoed by my oncologist...this is an experience you will survive, but you will be changed. You will be a survivor. And I wholly feel this right now. It seems REAL and BIG in one aspect, but I also try to remind myself that it is a series of months with shit to go through until I am normal again....whatever you consider normal, right?

I named the blog "Let It Rain" after the Four Strings Song. Michael introduced my hippie soul to this powerful dance song. I've loved it for years, and can't help but smile when I hear it. Last night, faced with the promise of the next day's first oncologist appt, he put this song on. We played it loud, and DANCED. Curtis barked, and we laughed. I felt HAPPY. And that is what it is all about, right?

Rain on my skin
I feel a gentle summer wind
In your eyes
I can see the deep blue sky

Let it rain
Let it colour all my skin
Let it rain
Wash away my doubts and pain

I wanna discover
I don't wanna make believe
Let it rain
Down on me
Let it rain down
Let it rain..
Let it rain..

Feels so divine
Only one thing on my mind
I'm alive
Let the island spirit shine

Let it rain

Let it rain
Let it colour all my skin
Let it rain
Wash away my doubts and pain

I wanna discover
I don't wanna make believe
Let it rain
Down on me
Let it rain down
Let it rain..
Let it colour all my skin..
Let it rain..

So here we are. Day one. I went armed with my mom, my dad, and my beloved to the oncologist to hear about my future. Dr. Hamerick was kind, was fully attentive, listened to all of our concerns, answered our questions, didn't rush, informed me of the goods and the evils, and seemed to really care. Love and kindness make the world go round. So here we go...take...one...step...forward...AND JUMP! What other choice do we have?

photo by http://www.flickr.com/photos/georgehernandez/

10 comments:

  1. Dear Evie,
    Here is us sending you LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
    You absolutely rock.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eve! Let that soul soar!!!

    I LOVE YOU!!!!

    -Aug

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written... I look forward to more. What a great idea for your loved ones to learn about your journey and offer our support. -Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. a blog is a great idea for sharing your journey with your fans :)

    sending big hugs!
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can do is echo the love you give to us back to you.

    Heart of hearts
    as we travel this journey with you
    so do we come to know
    each other and ourselves
    just a bit more then we did yesterday.

    Thanks for including us in your journey so we can be many hearts with one goal:
    Love the EVE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Evie, Evie, Evie!
    Let it rain .... love on you!
    surf that wave
    Thanks for sharing with us,
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  7. That song has a powerful way to make you smile and dance. It is awesome to know how an individual can bring such happiness to your life, Just as you have brought happiness and love to mine.

    In all the battles you fight
    when you find yourself standing alone
    look back behind you
    and see your vast reserves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Eve, for sharing this with us, and giving us a place to let you know that you are surrounded by love. And love conquers all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're all jumping in with you, Eve! You have a gigantic pool of love in all of us. Take a dip anytime you want - the water's always warm:) I LOVE YOU!! - Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will hold you in the highest light and if anyone I know is powerful enough of a force to overcome all obstacles with a beautiful smile and spirit it is YOU! Thank you for making it easy to keep up with your life and your journey... So much love in my heart for you... Sarah

    ReplyDelete