Friday, September 3, 2010

the letter

Here is what I wrote to Dr. Hamrick this morning:

Dear Dr. Hamrick,

It isn't without great thought, and research that we've decided to take the path of less harm to begin with. I feel like if we give this a try for a little bit longer just to see what comes of it, then we will know. We can always move forward with the harsher treatment, but we can't go back. I hope you understand.


If I start experiencing any symptoms then I will certainly pay attention and step up to more tried and true treatments.


I ask a favor, will you order a PET scan for me? I'd like to do one end of October, beginning of November.


I am forever grateful for your patience and your guidance and support during this tough time.


All the best,
Eve Bralley

That is about all I have in me to say right now other than we are all very positive and hopeful.  We have done extensive research and feel like we made this decision not out of emotion, but out of understanding and knowledge, and most importantly, out of love and the soul's speak.  The people who want me to live more than anyone else in the world support and encourage this decision and we feel lucky that we have this option open to us, where many don't have it available. 

Everyone always asks what they can do to help me, well I have an answer for you now.  Help lift us up with positivity and encouragement.  I don't want to hear negativity and I don't want to hear your opinions unless they support our decision.  No one is more informed about this than my little medical team. 

I'd like you to read this post by Patty, it explains a bit more:  http://patriciabralley.blogspot.com/2010/08/sailing-off-edge.html

Onward and upwards!  We are headed to visit Michael's parents later this afternoon, then a quick overnight camp and caving adventure in Chattanooga.  I am going to pack Curtis with me on Tuesday after my IV and head to Kiawah to spend a couple of days with my parent's relaxing and rejuvenating in the magic of that place.   Move into the Waaaah! (right Becky!)  Decision making took a lot out of me, and telling my doctor what our decision was was also very tough.  I need the magic now more than ever so I am looking forward to these next days of rejuvenation. 

So, as Michael says, our decison is made! Let's batten down the hatches and make the most of it!

7 comments:

  1. You go girl! You know what's right for you - no one else does! You do what you have to do and I will support with love and more love from over here!!! YEAH for being the brave and wise woman you are! BIG LOVE TO YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mad support from the little bro!

    WE LOVE YOU!! And remember, it isn't selfish to do exactly what it takes you to heal. So, don't stress about anyone else!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Evie,
    Good and brave and true. You rock.
    Have a great time chilling in Kiawah!
    Huge love to you,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so lucky to have these intelligent caring and totally dedicated people reading an analyzing and double-checking everything. You are not going in blind. You are actually one of the few making the most informed decision: mind , heart and soul. Many times the initial reaction is the best one and I think everyone's initial reaction was no, don't go forward on this path- not yet.The common consciousness knows. Remember always you are not one worrior but an entire army. Sending you warm thoughts and positive energy.
    A follower

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evie, You are the ONE! must make your choices. NO matter what they are we support you. We love you. Go girl. Go Patty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really proud of your decision. It takes a lot of guts to go against "medical advice." But if you have research to guide you, then you are far ahead of your medical team. It is so sad that doctors are not practicing with their eyes and ears attuned to every new research finding. That is where we have to do the work ourselves. The most you can ask of yourself is to make the best decision possible, based on everything you know and feel. Keep up the good work! Your Aunt Patty's blog was awesome too. She rocks for being your science sleuth.
    Love, Cass

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Dear Evie,
    I have three cards for you today:
    Freyja - Power (The energy to move)
    Know how and when to use your power and when to conserve it
    The ability to lead and inspire others
    Knowledge of how to ‘work the system’
    Inanna - Queen of the Haven
    Follow your dreams without fear.
    Don’t be afraid to make them happen
    Success, good fortune, creativity
    Venus - Love begets love
    As you love you create love
    Art of positive attraction of good
    Love as you wish to be loved

    All my love,
    BB

    ReplyDelete