Thursday, August 26, 2010

My birthday



Well I have to say, my birthday ended up being just perfect.  It didn't start that way, but thankfully I have such love in my life that you all were determined to make it end that way.  So I thank you.

I started the day with a follow-up surgeon's appointment.  I thought this would be quick, I'd be in and out because I seem to be healing very well from the surgery.  Two hours of waiting in the waiting room later...the surgeon finally comes in.  He immediately starts in on how he's talked to my oncologist and he strongly recommends I start chemo right away.  Time is of the essence.  I wasn't prepared for this conversation and felt sabotaged and was there with no one to defend myself but me.  So that left me very rattled.

And again, these dang hormones...but I can't complain, I certainly brought it on myself.  So I was fragile yesterday and very teary.  Fortunately I got to talk for a nice long time with Rin, momma2, and that was nice.  She makes me smile even though she is also going through a really tough time.

When I got to work Michael, my mom and my dad huddled, and we had some good conversations.  And Michael, oh my goodness, all he has to do is lay his hand on me and I immediately feel better.  His presence is so calming for me and I am so grateful for his strength.

I left work early for a birthday colonic appointment, and as much as I hate those, it seemed to also calm me a bit more.  I guess it feels good to feel cleansed.

Anyway, I got home just in time to get dolled up for our big night!!!! Michael had made reservations for Woodfire Grill, an AMAZING restaurant.  We've only been there one other time...for Michael's birthday.  The chef was second place winner for Top Chef fall of 2009.  His theme is based on the use of local foods and sustainability.  We ordered the 7-course chef's tasting....and...oh....my....goodness...I don't think I've ever had such yummy food.  It was the most romantic night we've had in a very long time and I had a smile on my face from ear to ear the entire night.

So as I was going to bed last night I was happy.  This is a new year, full of possibilities.  Full of hope.

I thank all of you for the love and sweet messages and cards and presents!!  I love you!!  You are certainly special to me.

1 comment:

  1. Evie
    You make it so easy to give you are special. We are so very happy You have Michael. Two very special people to have each other. Glad you were able to have a wonderful end to your special day.
    love momma2

    ReplyDelete