Saturday, May 28, 2011

Checking In


Hi all!  I just wanted to spend a moment to check in here with you all.  I know that when I go silent for awhile you start to worry, so thank you for your worries and thoughts.  But the good news is I am doing just fine! 

We are back in the waiting game however (PET scan in two weeks!), and we all know what that means.  This time I feel better equipped to deal with it as I have been spending most of my time working on ways to deal with it, such as qigong practice, meditation practice, walking, and seeing energy healers.  

So I am feeling more solid going into this next PET scan and there are times that I truly believe and feel that I am cancer-free, and that melts away all the worry.  These thoughts of believing I am cancer-free are very new to me as I have never been able to truly go there through this whole journey--through what I think? fear? the fact that I wasn't? my spiritual practice wasn't as strong?  But I do have tastes of this feeling and it feels great, and solid.  So I am going to sit with that loveliness when it comes, and when fear sets in, which it does, I am going just keep going.  

So PET scan is on Monday, June 13th.  That will be day 101 +.  I will also have blood work and another bone marrow biopsy (yuck!).  The Cook family is coming to visit the weekend before, so I am thrilled to have that distraction, let alone a weekend filled with laughter and love.  

Once I get clean PET results, which I will!, I will go back to work!  I will also be able to eat raw veggies again, and go shopping for myself in PUBLIC!!   So we are on the countdown now to a more normal life.  Just a little over two weeks folks!  And to put it in perspective, I've been in quarantine since Feburary 1st.  That is 4 months!  And I've been on this phase of the Healing Journey since the beginning of December.  So we are all ready for some normalcy :)  I never really knew until this experience how much I enjoy/need human interaction.  

In the meantime, I will be thinking so strongly with my heart and soul of my dear friends who are really struggling with their own journey.  My heart breaks when I think of all the friends I've lost, and I know the story isn't over.  We live and we die, yet the dying part can be so painful for those left here living. 

So let's all enjoy each moment and love as much as possible because we all never know when we will take our last breath.  

Love you!

6 comments:

  1. Dear Eve, It is so good to read of your progress. You have been through so much and have shown what an amazing person you are and shared what amazing family and friends you have. Peter and I continue to send you our love and prayers for full recovery, perfect health and long life.
    Brenda & Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear Evie, by sharing your feelings throughout this journey your have motivated each of us blog followers to live life more fully. Thank you.
    Aunt Margie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be sending positive thoughts your way as you count down and wishing you a smooth transition into the next phase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, truly a celebration in the works. Jun 13 feels like a great day for a moment to reflect and rejoice. Excellent work, keep it up!
    Kate :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you so much and I cannot wait to get to spend more and more time together. It was so good seeing you yesterday and you looked incredible...luminous... I adore you guys!

    love
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got the 13th on my calendar. Rob and I will be thinking about you. I'm so excited for you. A new chapter of your life is opening up!!!

    -Bonnie

    ReplyDelete