Tuesday, June 21, 2011

post surgery

Hi all.  Feeling a bit drained, so I am not going to spend much time writing, but I wanted to let you all know that I made it through surgery okay.  They kept me overnight with a chest tube to drain the fluids that  collected in my thoracic cavity.  Fortunately I checked out fine today and they let me go home--tube removed.  Now I am recovering at home from another painful surgery.  The good news is that we did this last year and know more now what to expect.  We know that the pain will eventually go away and I will breathe normally again.

We don't have the results of the biopsy and should know by next Monday at the latest.  We are keeping hopes alive that this is just a false positive.  The doctor said he removed "unusual tissue" but it wasn't like a swollen lymph node.  It was more like thickened lymph tissue.  I hope this is a good thing.

The night before the surgery I went and read all the comments you all left me on my previous blog and I can't tell you how much that helped me.  You all are so wise, and kind, and loving.  And I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Alright, well, sweet dreams.  I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment