Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Color of Love

I have to say, these past days have been the hardest I have ever lived in my entire life.  The shock of hearing I have cancer again is a hard pill to swallow--really really hard.  And the fear of what is to come is paralyzing at times. And the decisions I have to make THIS WEEK that will impact the rest of my life weigh heavily on me.  But then something so sweet happens that I pull myself out of the pity party and remember all that is good in the world.  Life is about the human experience, and even the smallest acts of kindness go a long way. 

I came into work on Monday to find a huge support group there just for me.  My co-workers dressed in purple and pink to support me (my favorite colors...and purple just so happens to be the color for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Blood Cancers).   I walked into my office to find all these people, with balloons, and flowers, and most of all, LOVE and support.  It totally blew me away. 

To see this group of people who aren't judging, and are just there to support me was really amazing. I'll never forget it.  And I can say the same for you all, all you readers out there who love and support me to. I send out a huge thank you.  It means more than you know. 

So here are the pictures...

2 comments:

  1. You are so filled up with love how can anyone do anything else but love you beautiful. Love heals all things and your community is there to love you up!

    ReplyDelete