Sunday, December 19, 2010

Reporting In



Here's me coming out of the woodwork to let you all know that I am doing really well.  Chemo does make me less focused, which is probably what is to blame for not sitting down long enough to write a blog post.  But I do want to let you all know I survived round one of ICE pretty well less some nausea, couch surfing for 6 days, bone pain, space-cadetedness, and....loss of hair....again....I actually have less hair now than I did after 10 treatments of ABVD, but okay, I can deal.  What is funny is that the night before my hair started coming out in clumps it was long enough to actually put in a pony tail!!!  A small one, granted, but a pony tail no less!! I bounced around the house all night showing Michael my nubby, and then the next morning in the shower...clumps...so I cried.  And then tightened up my bootstraps and didn't leave the shower until I made artwork on the wall with my hair (gross I know, but it felt like a way to deal with it).  I have pictures but it might be in poor taste to show...

So with all of the bad, the good has made up for it in spades, like triple spades. I want to give words to these experiences, but they have been so deeply meaningful that my words just take away from the depth. Maybe one day I can learn to articulate the beauty in life.  But for now I just want to give gratitude to my Shakti family, to my meditations, to the processing, to the movement, to your amazing amazing, unfaltering love and support, to the lovely winter solstice celebration with the women's circle and the warming of our home, and last but certainly not least, my parent's and the magical land to which we love and honor and explore. 

I go in on Wednesday for another ICE treatment--three days worth.  And then celebration of this special time with family and friends. So happy holidays to you all! I hope we all get to see and enjoy this lunar eclipse on the solstice on a full moon!! Seems like a once in a lifetime event, but who knows...maybe it happens more often than I think.  Either way, sending love and gratitude to you!

5 comments:

  1. This means that the treatment is working! That is good news, that you are losing your hair, isn't it? You are beautiful, hair or no. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flushing it all out down to the roots!
    Incredible photo, you look truly Venusian, which is to say surely a being of love!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Holidays. Kisses - C&L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there babe... We have much more exploring to do on the land... Curtis is waiting...!! Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. This photo is so sweet! I love your smile, and you obviously have a PRIZE in Michael. So good to hear from you and find your blog. Brian and I send our best. We were getting updates from Sara, but now I'm tuned in! Hugs, - Erica (& Brian, of course!!)

    ReplyDelete