Monday, October 19, 2009

For Hilda



I barely knew her.  She was there the first day I came to the clinic for my vitamin IV.  Her aura..felt sweet, and good.  She sat and told me of the good care all of us were getting here.  But otherwise didn't say much.  Her cheeks would get real rosy with the IVs.  She was there the first several IVs I had.  We all begin to know each other...seeing as we are all there everyday.  And each time a different family member would come with her.  She had such love surrounding her.  You could tell she was greatly loved.  She was a farmer, and more recently had gotten into organic farming, and the slow-food movement. 

I hadn't seen her in about a week, and today I found out that she passed away on Friday.  55 years old. 

I didn't know her very well, but I'll always remember her sweet rosy cheeked face, and the love that surrounded her.  The news makes me very sad.  Strange how we can feel that way for perfect strangers.  My heart is with her family who cared so much for her.  May they find solace in each other, and in knowing that their mother, friend, wife, daughter, made a difference in the world.

photo by:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/magdalengreen/

5 comments:

  1. One thing I am discovering as I go on this journey with you is the unboundedness of love. Friends of friends... people you have never heard of are following your journey, sending love, pulling for you - all this love we know nothing of, but none-the-less is there.

    Do you know how much love there is underneath and all around you? "I din't know her very well" but the heart knows better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry, Eve. For some strange reason I want to call you Evie right now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you.
    Mom and Dad Two

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Evie,
    We are thinking of you today and sending you Big Love and Good Juju and Great Hope that this week proceeds as gently as is possible.
    Buckets of love,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete