Tuesday, November 2, 2010

In the lap of Jesus


Sunday afternoon a sweet friend of mine lost her battle against cancer--and boy did she put up a good fight. She is survived by her three teenage children and her deeply devoted husband, and the most loving and supportive parents and sisters. 

I've typed and erased several things here, as I guess I am just struggling about what to say--I keep tearing up with memories and stories.  Bottom line is Holly was a vibrant, loving and passionate person who's faith was unwavering.  I am deeply saddened by the loss for her family, but know that with that faith she is now home with her maker. 

I know we all have our crosses to bear, but I guess in times like this I always wonder why bad things can happen to such good people.  Pointless to ask these questions I guess. 

In the meantime I'll just be grateful that our paths crossed and I got to experience yet one more person on this earth who is good, and loving. 

Sunday I went walking the land with my family and there was a part that was full of Holly bushes.  I remember thinking of her so strongly, and I realized later that that was right around the time when she was making her transition. 

Cancer takes a lot from you.  So here is my blessing tonight...I hope for peace of mind, love and courage for all of those I know out there right now struggling with this disease, which is too damn many of you if you ask me!  And I also hope that despite what it has taken away from you, you get something back in return.  I know I did with Holly's friendship. 

Much love and many blessings to you all. 

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Eve. We'll remember her with the holly bushes. She is a sweet soul. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all about love, isn't it.
    How can we wrestle against that? Yet we do.
    I remember you speaking of Holly as we walked the land. And now the holly will be part of your friend's legacy to you - a part of the land and the dream you hope to make into a reality.
    It's all Grace - even when it's fierce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love.
    We love you.
    I think I will plant a Holly bush so we too will keep remembering her.
    Hugs in life.
    momma2.

    ReplyDelete