Tuesday, November 9, 2010

PET Scan


Well folks, the time is almost here that we've been waiting for.  I finally bit the bullet and contacted my oncologist so that he can order the PET scan.  I scheduled it for the Monday, November 22nd.  I asked my doctor if he was going to be going on vacation that week which would delay him being able to give me the results, and he said no, other than Thanksgiving.  So I hope to have the results by Tuesday or Wednesday.  And then either way, I'll be surrounded by family for celebration, or support during the holiday. 

Overall I am doing pretty well.  I am working hard on keeping my energies pointed in a positive direction, and grounding myself in a way that releases the fear.  It doesn't work all the time, but I have learned some wonderful tools to help with this.  Meditation, energy work, acupuncture, plenty of sleep...I have found that this time the fear is sitting in my brain instead of my heart, and doesn't hurt as badly. 

Scheduling the PET was very stressful and anxiety provoking, but now that I've done it, I feel a bit more sturdy.   It doesn't hurt that Sunday I spent all day working on the spirit with my women's circle and a breathwork class, and continued right into Monday with an another amazing energy meditation and therapy appointment with Becky and meditation with Patty and Mary in the evening.  And this morning I started the day off with acupuncture with the intention of balance.  So I am trying to stay ahead of this emotion beast! haha. I am off for a warm bath after I get done typing this before crawling into bed with my sweetie. 

My friend Lara just sent this link to me, it is so neat, I find myself mesmerized...I especially love the first song, the Gayatri mantra.  Moving Mandalas 

p.s.  I got some test results back today and they look normal!!  (now, granted, this doesn't mean there is no cancer, but abnormal means cancer....)  And, my CRP, a marker of inflammation that I have been monitoring, is lower than it has been in YEARS!!   Guess that helps justify the 87 pills I take everyday! 

Here's hoping you all are doing well.  My love and gratitude to you all!!

3 comments:

  1. You are awesome. Stong, loving, sweet, soft, giving, being . . . love flows through you and inspires. I cherish.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fear babe. Never quite figured out how people do that.. But it sounds good. Love ya... Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Evie,
    You are in my thoughts as always! I am sending you all the positive energy and lifting you up for favorable results on this scan.
    You are AMAZING & STRONG and I cannot say that enough! You are a fighter and a winner and nothing can stand in your way to the most flourishing life & health.
    I love you from the bottom of my heart & cannot wait to celebrate with you!!!!

    All of my love & light goes to you, dearest!

    ~~Tijana

    ReplyDelete