Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Expect little and you will never be disappointed

Paintings by Kate: Art with Spirit www.paintingsbykate.com
What a way to leave you hanging!  Last you knew I got sleep, which I was insanely grateful for.  Phew.  I took another 1/2 ambien on Christmas Eve night and then we were good to go...my sleeping powers were returned.

The thing about chemotherapy....is....expect nothing as it will always surprise you.  These were the wise words of the nurse on the very first day I started chemo back in 10/2010.

So I guess I can't expect ICE regimen to be the same as ABVD.  And for that matter, you can't expect one ICE treatment to be the same as the one before!

Here's the strange thing.  Physically ICE is doing a number on me, but spiritually I am soaring to new heights.  I guess this is what happens when you are faced with a life-threatening illness, you find ways to step up to the plate.  I mean books upon books are written about it, I am no exception.

I am faced with my next PET scan on Thursday.  Please please, I ask that you put me in your heart, send me strength and thoughts of health, pray for me, do whatever you do that can help lift me up on Thursday.  It is a big day, we need to see that the tumors are gone before we can move on to the next step.  If they are not gone, it means more chemo, but more worrisome is that it might mean they are chemoresistant and the stem cell transplant might be less effective (if they even do it at all).   So I believe in the power of thought, the power of love, and the energetic shifts that can occur when you spend time with it.  You can make a difference.  So I thank you in advance for it.  It means the world.

P.S. So I go to think of a title for this post...and this is what came to me...expect little and you will never be disappointed.  So I will go in on Thursday with no expectations and will deal with whatever life chooses for me.  Even as I type this I realize how hard this is.  ... I want to go in with warrior spirit and say YES, we've beat it!  How could that be bad?  hmmm.....time for more reflection...

P.P.S.  And then I go to look for a picture to post and I find this by Kate.  It is called Walk the Path and is beautiful.  I love this painting.   Reminds me what I need to be reminded of.  Thank you Kate.

6 comments:

  1. Glad you can write this... You express well... Makes me feel closer to you... I remember 20 years ago when I realized my parents were my best friends.. I feel that way about my children now, it's is unique I think, yet wonderful. Thursday a lot is going to happen, it will be interesting to see the outcome, I'll explain later. Love you!! Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Dad, I just love you. Thanks for always commenting on my posts, even though I see you everyday. Thank you for being supportive and loving always. Thank you for being my cheerleader. Thank you for being a good example of what a parent should be. Thank you for being a good person, truly. Thank you for showing me the beauty in life. Thank you for showing me how to love and to be loved in return. I love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evie, I enjoyed this blog (well, I enjoy them all). The photos of the land are spectacular --you have a way with taking great shots ('course, the land IS spectacular). I like your "no expectations." That has been my perspective for quite some time. All good things come as wonderful surprises. I love you and will be with you there in spirit on Thursday. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eve, I wanted to send you many blessings and I pray for your healing. I am priviledged to be a small part of it. The painting Walk the Path is exactly what the title says, walk with grace, knowledge, understanding, love and humbleness. Strive for wellness, you can manifest it Eve! I believe.
    Forever bright in the light, God bless you.
    Kate Blue :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate, wow, thank you. I loved your painting before, and now I love it even more after hearing your explanation and getting this message from you. Thank you for allowing me to use this painting on my blog. What a blessing. Yes, we can manifest!!!! Keep doing what you are doing and making a difference in people's lives :) Namaste!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you too mom!! You were there in spirit yesterday. I could feel your loving presence in that sterile room. Made me not feel so alone.

    ReplyDelete