Saturday, November 14, 2009

Mania??

Some many call it that.  But today I am feeling SO good.  It started Thursday night.  I couldn't stop bopping around the house.  Dancing, laughing, smiling, hugging and kissing my sweet husband.  I think I just really appreciate the good these days. 

Yesterday for some reason I was a bit weepy--again...that crying that just needs to come out.  I wasn't sad, just weepy.  Michael worked until midnight last night trying to fix an unruly instrument so the tech wouldn't have to re-prep samples. So I unexpectedly had the night to myself.  I sat on the back porch, curled up in a soft blanket and got lost in a book for hours.  It was delicious.  And then I got caught up on Top Chef--a guilty pleasure of mine.  Michael found me curled up asleep on the couch. 

And this morning.  Oh my goodness how beautiful it is outside.  It is the perfect fall day.  I made breakfast and we ate on the porch, with nothing but the bursting beautiful colors of the trees surrounding us.  I love our lot, it is lush and private. 

So I am happy.  Beaming actually.  Feeling great.  And I hope you all are finding joy in this beautiful day. 

Sending lots of love to you all!!  I feel like I've got a lot to give right now. 

4 comments:

  1. Yes, what a glorious day, Eve! I had you in my thoughts as I started out my day with my first Team In Training meeting - the group that organizes runs/walks for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Wow! I'm so motivated to do this race and raise money for cancer research...more on that soon... but we went around the room introducing ourselves and talked about who we running in honor of...who were our chosen heroes. You are my hero Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so good to see you both on Saturday. You really were just glowing and I could tell that you were in a good spot in time. These glorious fall days that we have been having have lifted my spirits as well and it is wonderful to know that you have been enjoying them and soaking them up. Thanks for the company and the yummy salad which was very welcome at such a meatcentric dinner. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say something about how you shouldn't feel guilty for enjoying Top Chef, but then I couldn't come up with any reasonably intelligent justification for my love of the show, either. Don't feel bad about taking a couple hours of mindless entertainment! Besides, it can't be all that bad--it's one of those shows that doesn't make me feel worse about humanity after watching it.

    Glad to see you're working through this whole thing, Eve. Thinking of you daily...

    Love,
    Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen! I am so excited for your race. You are awesome with one big gigantic heart.

    Lara, it was so nice to see you guys and to be out and feeling normal. Thanks for hosting such a fun party!

    And Bob, wow, what can I say. I love that you are reading this, and are with me on this journey. I've liked you from the first day I met you, and just knew that there was a big heart inside that smart and funny body. I'd love to see you whenever you are in Atlanta!

    ReplyDelete